Starting January 21, the Basque Country Architecture Institute will host Homo Urbanus, an experience with which citizens can immerse themselves in ten cities such as Bogota, Seoul, Venice, St. Petersburg or Doha, without leaving Donostia-San Sebastian.
The projected mediometries have been created by french architectural artists Ila Beka and Louise Lemoine. From Thursday to Saturday, each week you will be invited to take a walk through a different city, to understand what similarities they have between them and which are the differences between them. The aim is to reflect on what builds their identity and how people interact with the urban environment.
Homo Urbanus has the desire to value the character of cities and to reflect with the citizens on the processes that are making them increasingly resemble each other due to globalization. The film-calendar has been extended, offering visitors the opportunity to immerse themselves in a third tour around the world.
- July 22, 23 and 24: Homo Urbanus Bogotanus-Bogota, 43 min.
- July 29, 30 and 31: Homo Urbanus Dohanus-Doha, 62 min
- August 5, 6 and 7: Homo Urbanus Kyotoitus- Kyoto, 84 min
- August 12, 13 and 14: Homo Urbanus Neapolitanus-Naples, 50 min
- August 19, 20 and 21: Homo Urbanus Petroburgumus- Saint Petersburg, 41 min
- August 26, 27 and 28: Homo Urbanus Rabatius-Rabat, 50 min
- September 2, 3 and 4: Homo Urbanus Seoulianus-Seoul, 44 min
- September 9, 10 and 11: Homo Urbanus Shanghaianus-Shanghai, 72 min
- September 16, 17 and 18 : Homo Urbanus Tokyoitus-Tokyo, 55 min
- September 23, 24 and 25: Homo Urbanus Venetianus-Venice, 62 min
Photo: Beka and Lemoine
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
Basque Country Architecture Institute
From 17.00 to 20.00
Free access until full capacity